Kybella (Deoxycholic acid) Aftercare
- Avoid extreme temperatures of heat for 24 hours post treatment (i.e. Jacuzzi, hot showers etc.).
- Do NOT consume alcohol or sodium for 3 days post treatment to avoid excess swelling.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours post treatment.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated to decrease swelling.
What to Expect:
- You will experience swelling and bruising for 3-5 days post treatment, which will begin decreasing over a period of a few weeks. Swelling can last 4-6 weeks.
- Many patients need 2-3 treatments for desired results, please schedule a follow-up appointment 4-6 weeks after your first treatment.
- Ice packs may be used to the treated area during the first 12 hours. Ice for 15 minutes every hour. However, icing can be discontinued if uncomfortable.
- Do NOT massage the injection site. Swelling, tenderness, bruising, numbness, and areas of firm nodules may occur and will resolve over time without intervention.
- Results are not immediate. Results may be seen as early as 4-6 weeks post-treatment, but full results will not be noticed until 12 weeks post-treatment.
- Numbness can last up to 12 weeks.
- Do not wrap the treated area, and do not take anything to prohibit swelling the day of the treatment or for the days following treatment.
- You may feel a sense of heaviness following the treatment, especially when laying on your back. This sensation may make you feel short of breath. However, Kybella® does not compromise your airway. Notify our office if any significant swelling, bleeding, pain, dusky discoloration, difficulty swallowing or smiling, or if fever occurs.